Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A little piece of America

So I went to the US Embassy to get some documents notarized today. I was amazed at the security and location. When I got off the subway the signs in both English and Korean pointed out the exit that led right to it. The amazing part is its location, right in the heart of Seoul. All around there were statutes, concert halls, and even tourist attractions.
In my opinion, the US Embassy was located in a very convenient location but all of the security took away from the surrounding scenery. There were Korean police buses with officers all around. Then when we entered the guard house we had to empty our pockets, show our passports, leave all electronics, and get I.D badges. I even got a pat down because of my belt. Every door that we had to go through could only be opened after it was bused open by a guard.


By far the highlight of the visit occurred after we left the Embassy. There was beautiful and historic statues as well as magnificent buildings surrounding the embassy . There was even an ice skating rink that was temporary built across from the embassy.  Two statues are located right outside the embassy, King Saejong and General Yi SunShin. 




No visit to the US or even US embassy can be complete without a stop at McDonalds. Yes , there is one conveniently located within walking distance of the Embassy. While you can find one throughout Korea, my little visit to America would not have been complete without my egg McMuffin. Let it be known of all the American restaurants I have visited in Korea, McDonalds is the only one whose food tastes just like back in the states.

So if you visit the US Embassy, make sure to enjoy all the surrounding sites, bring your passport, and stop at McDonalds to make it complete.

1 comment:

  1. wow. you're so great.
    I didn't notice you're such a talented writer.
    I really enjoyed your writings.

    ReplyDelete