Saturday, March 27, 2010

A little culture

I had the pleasureable experience of visiting the Korean National Museum while they were hosting a cultural event outside.  I got to play traditional Korean games as well as going through the entire down stairs of the museum and seeing the entire history of the Korean peninsula.  It was a wonderful experience with my wife, father- in law, and mother- in law.  Here are a few pictures.
The steps in front of the museum.


NOT sure what I am doing.


My wife and Mother in law playing a traditional game.  I won't show you who ended up on the ground.
(yes, I do have pictures)


I did not get a chance to try this one.  Young and old spinning  something like a top.


My wife giving the drum a try.


Waiting in line.  Something I have come to expect in Korea.


I was not at good at this one.


I am not sure if my father in law was making rice cake or just getting rid of any frustrations.
  I know which 1 did.

 
A coffin of sort.


I would trade outfits with him any time.


Wow.


How did they fit that in?  I guess it is like the ship in the bottle


Now that is a throne.

2 comments: